200g Caster Sugar
200g Softened Butter
200g Self Raising flour
1 Large Egg
1tsp Vanilla Extract
A Dash of Milk
12 Cup cake cases
200g Icing Power
75g Softened Butter
A Splash of Milk
Few Drops of Red Food Colouring
Sprinkle of Pink Edible Glitter
Sugar Paper Daisies
- Pre- heat your oven to 180 degrees and line 12 cup cake tray with pretty floral or spotty cup cake cases.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl, until the mixture forms a smooth paste.
- Crack in one already whisked egg and mix in until there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Add in the self raising flour a bit at a time and fold into the mixture, gently ensuring no air is knocked out. Add a splash of milk if the mixture appears dry, the batter should be just about falling off your spoon and smooth in consistency.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir in gently.
- Using a tsp spoon the batter into the cake cases, filling them 3/4 of the way up before placing into the oven.
- Bake for 10- 15 minutes.
- When the cakes are golden brown, turn off the oven and place cakes on a cooling track to cool for 30 minutes
- Cream together the butter and icing in a small mixing bowl, adding a dash of milk to combine the icing.
- Add a few drops of red food colouring, or leave without if you want a white icing, and stir into the butter icing.
- Using a large nossel piping bag, spoon in the butter icing and begin icing the cakes creating a swirl from the outside- in.
- Put one sugar paper daisy/ flower on each cake and sprinkle some edible glitter.
- Place in the fridge for 15 minutes for the icing to set.