200g Caster Sugar
200g Softened Butter
1 Large Eggs
200g Self Raising Flour
A Handful of Raspberries
A Handful of Blueberries
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Splash of Milk
200g Iicing Sugar
75g Softened Butter
A Handful of Raspberries and Blueberries
A Sprinkle of Pink Edible Glitter
1tsp Raspberry Jam
- You will need a piping bag and nossel
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and line cupcake tray with 12 cupcakes cases of your choice.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until the mixture is smooth and combined.
- Crack in 1 egg and stir into the butter and sugar mixture, make sure all the egg is broken up until you have a smooth, runny consistency.
- Sift in the flour and add a dash of milk, begin to fold in the mixture carefully to make sure no air is taken out. Use your spoon to circle around the bowl before drawing a line in the centre, repeat this until the mixture is smooth. Add more milk if the mixture still looks a tad dry.
- Add in your raspberries and blueberries and stir again gently
- Once done, place a tsp of the mixture in your cupcake cases in the cup cake tray before placing in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Once golden brown, place cupcakes on a wire tray and leave to cool for 30 minutes
- In the mean time, put your icing power and butter in a small mixing bowl and begin to cream together until smooth. Add a dash of milk to combine the mixture add 1 tsp of raspberry jam and stir briefly until the icing has pink swirls.
- Get your piping bag with a wide zig-zag nossel and spoon in the icing before pushing it down towards the nossel.
- Get your cupcakes and pipe a swirl,starting from the outside- in. Add 2 raspberries and blueberries on top and a sprinkle of glitter for decoration.